In order to have a helpful, friendly and thoughtful discussion we have instituted the following guidelines. It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with these before attending our meetings.
Support Group Guidelines
- We are here to support each other and learn from each other. Respectful conversation only! Please refrain from political or religious arguments.
- What is said here, stays here. Do not share the discussion with others, and if you must do so, avoid identifying individuals by name.
- We are not here to give advice. It is best to share your own thoughts and experiences, refer persons to trusted resources, and ask questions.
- We will take turns speaking and listening, never monopolizing the discussion. Please allow newer members to share first. When it is your turn to share, remember we are a group that practices mutual respect.
- You are free to share, but are not required to share.
- This group belongs to all of us! Please let us know if you wish to have further assistance outside of this group.